NEXUS Application Form, Fee, Eligibility, and Proof of Status!

A non-refundable application cost of $120 must be paid at the time of application submission for all new applicants and renewing participants, including designated children under the age of 18, who submit applications to the Nexus Application Form on or after October 1, 2024.

NEXUS Application Form

When submitting a Nexus Application Form to the NEXUS program on or after October 1, 2024, new applicants and participants, including certain minors under the age of 18 must pay a non-refundable application fee of $120 at the time of submission.

In certain northern land border ports of entry, at designated lanes, at automated kiosks at Canadian preclearance airports, and NEXUS marine reporting locations, US CBP and the CBSA jointly offer the pre-approved, low-risk traveler NEXUS program, which allows dedicated processing by both U.S. and Canadian officials.

NEXUS Application Fee

To determine how much money they need to charge for the Global Entry, SENTRI, and NEXUS programs, CBP ran a fee study called the CBP Trusted Traveler Programs Fee Study. To recover a reasonable portion of these costs, CBP has determined that a constant charge of $120 is both appropriate and necessary.

Following a review of CBP’s price analysis and many collaborative meetings, CBP and CBSA have decided to raise the NEXUS application cost to $120. Both new applicants and individuals renewing their NEXUS program membership must pay the $120 application fee. 

Juveniles will be charged the entire $120 application cost if they apply to the NEXUS program without having their parent or legal guardian apply first, and if they are not already NEXUS participants.

This is a departure from the former policy, which exempted all children, regardless of the status of their parent or legal guardian, from paying the NEXUS application fee before the notice’s effective date.

NEXUS Eligibility

The U.S./Canada NEXUS program is open to applicants who are citizens of the United States, legal permanent residents of the United States, Canadian citizens, lawful permanent residents of Canada, and citizens of Mexico who are enrolled in Viajero Confiable, Mexico’s trusted traveler program.

To take part in the program, if you are under the age of eighteen, you need permission from your parents or legal guardian.

Reasons for Ineligibility

  • You could not be allowed to take part in the NEXUS program if you: Fill out the application with inaccurate or incomplete information;
  • Possess an active warrant for any criminal violation, including driving while intoxicated, or having been found guilty of any crime;
  • Have been discovered to have broken any rules or regulations about customs, immigration, or agriculture in any nation;
  • Are now being looked into by any federal, state, or local law enforcement organization;
  • Have had their application to acquire a handgun rejected;
  • Possess a criminal pardon from any nation;
  • Are prohibited from entering the United States under immigration laws, even if they have evidence for parole or a granted waiver of inadmissibility; or If They are unable to provide proof to CBP or the Canada Border Services Agency that they are not a high-risk candidate.

Your application has to be approved by the US and Canada. You will not be able to take part in the NEXUS program if your application is rejected by either nation.

How long it will take to process your NEXUS application

After being received, your application can be processed in 30 business days. Only applications that are correctly completed are eligible for the anticipated processing time.

The time of your enrollment interview is not included in this estimate. Interviews are contingent on appointment availability at enrollment centers. There is a significant backlog of new applications at the moment.

Proof of Status for NEXUS Card

One of the following papers may be used to prove your citizenship if you’re an American or Canadian citizen:

  • A passport from the United States Or Canada
  • state birth certificate or provincial birth certificate
  • Canadian citizenship certificate (letter-sized) or card (wallet-sized)
  • American citizenship or naturalization certificate.

If you have status in the USA but are a citizen of another nation (Canada, for example), you must provide the authorities documentation proving it. Depending on your status citizenship, permanent residency, or temporary residence you may need to provide different proofs.

Go to GMR Homepage To Get Relevant Content.

Leave a Comment