Indian artist Arun Yogiraj was born in Mysuru in 1983. In advance of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose’s 125th birthday, he crafted the 30-foot statue of Subhash Chandra Bose. It was placed under the canopy beneath the Amar Jawan Jyoti at the India Gate in New Delhi.
Sculptor Arun Yogiraj Biography
Arun Yogiraj is now the most popular sculptor in the nation, with a family history that includes five generations of well-known sculptors from Mysore. Many states throughout the nation are pursuing Arun as a result of the need that Arun’s expertise be used to elevate the statues of the achievers.
Arun’s skill has also been acknowledged by the nation’s honourable Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi. When it comes to making the most of his opportunity, Arun is resourceful. That is how his art has been in-demand in different parts of the nation.
Yogiraj, Arun’s father, is also an accomplished sculptor. The King of Mysore was a patron of his grandfather, Basavanna Shilpi. Another member of this generation, Arun Yogiraj, has been carving since he was a young boy.
Sculptor Arun Yogiraj Early Life & Education
His hometown is in Agrahara, Mysore and he comes from a five-generation family of sculptors from the Karnataka state city of Mysore. Famous sculptors Yogiraj, Arun’s father, and Basavanna Shilpi, his grandfather, are also well-known.
After completing his MBA and working for a private firm, Arun began sculpting full-time in 2008. In October 2021, while Arun was still working on the Subhash Chandra Bose statue, his father Yogiraj Shilpi died. He’s got a sister and a brother. His spouse is Vijetha. They reside in Mysore with his artist brother Suryaprakash.
Sculptor Arun Yogiraj Personal Life
Arun Yogiraj 40 Years old Indian Sculptor, his wife name is Vigetha Mohan a software engineer and an art enthusiast , he has two children a daughter and a son. Arun has gained respect from both the general people and notable individuals due to his commitment to his trade.
His exceptional contributions to the realm of sculpture have been acknowledged with particular reverence by the Mysore royal family. At age five, Arun began sculpting. Arun’s father and grandparents were the main instructors of the art.
Arun eats a nutritious, well-balanced vegetarian diet. In addition, he does yoga and meditation. He is a multifaceted sculpture capable of creating any topic using any medium or method. He is also a skilled painter, illustrator, and photographer.
Sculptor Arun Yogiraj Career & Records
Arun embarked on a full-time career in sculpting in 2008.
- Arun became well-known for creating the 30-foot statue of Subhash Chandra Bose that is positioned behind the Amar Jawan Jyoti at India Gate. Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed gratitude for the statue, which was the centre of attention under the opulent canopy.
- Arun is more talented as an artist than a politician. To demonstrate his flexibility, he sculpted a 12-foot-tall figure of Adi Shankaracharya in Kedarnath.
- The 21-foot-tall Hanuman statue at Chunchanakatte, the 15-foot-tall monument of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, the monolithic figure of Nandi, and the 14.5-foot-tall white AmritaShila statue of Jayachamarajendra Wodeyar, the King of Mysore, are among the works in Arun’s portfolio.
- He created a six-foot-tall monolithic monument of Nandi, a six-foot-tall statue of Banashankari Devi, and an amritashila statue of Swami Ramakrishna Paramahamsa in Mysore.
- The 14-foot-tall white amritashila (marble) statue of Jayachamarajendra Wodeyar was crafted by him in 2016.
- His idol, Ram Lalla, has been chosen to be erected at the Ram Temple in Ayodhya.
Sculptor Arun Yogiraj Awards
Sculptor Arun Yogiraj Awards list is given below.
- The Government of India awarded him the South Zone Young Talented Artist award in 2014.
- The Mysore District administration awarded the 2020 Nalwadi Award.
- Honorary membership granted by the Karnataka Crafts Council in 2021.
- The Karnataka government’s Jakanachari Award is set for 2021.
- the Sculptors Association’s honorific Shilpa Kousthubha.
- Rajyothsava Award given by the district government of Mysuru.
- Kofi Annan, the former secretary-general of the United Nations, paid a personal visit to the workshop.
Recent Great Achievement Mysuru sculptor’s idol of Ram Lalla chosen for Ayodhya’s Grand Temple
At present, Arun Yogiraj is the most sought-after sculptor in the country; the committee for the Ayodhya temple chooses his contribution for the Ram Lalla idol.
The Ram temple’s big consecration event is set for January 22, thus planning is already underway. On Monday, Union Minister Pralhad Joshi announced the selection of the Lord Rama idol by Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra.
“He tweeted on his X account, “The idol selection for the Prana Pratishtapana of Lord Rama in Ayodhya has been finalised.” The sculpture of Lord Rama, made by our country’s renowned sculptor Yogiraj Arun, will be erected at Ayodhya.
To Get Relevant Content, Visit GMR Homepage.