Valentine’s Week is a worldwide commemoration of Saint Valentine’s martyrdom that takes place from February 7 to February 14. It features specific dates and events for special occasions and promotes love and passion.
Valentine Week List 2024
Valentine’s Week starts on Rose Day each year, signaling the start of a weeklong celebration of love, kindness, and surprises. This is a perfect week to pop the question, exchange gifts, and show your love with an affectionate note or love card for someone who is in love or intends to propose.
Every year, Valentine’s Week kicks off on Rose Day and is a time for love, kindness, and surprises. Every day is a celebration for lovers everywhere, beginning with Rose Day and Propose Day.
Chocolate gifts as well as quality moments with your partner are the focus of the third day. Teddy Day is a good idea, and Promise Day is a day to pledge your love. Hug Day and Kiss Day are customary, and the weekend events of Valentine’s Day are typically scheduled on February 14th.
Full list of Valentine’s Week 2024
The complete Valentine’s Week itinerary is provided below so you can easily and comfortably plan what to do during this special time of love.
Rose Day on February 7, 2024
- Valentine’s Day is a worldwide celebration of romance and love, with roses serving as the flower of love. Roses, notably the queen’s favorite red rose, symbolize admiration and platonic love. The week starts with big bouquets of roses or a hidden shared rose among couples. Roses are also said to be a symbol of love.
Propose Day on February 8, 2024
- Propose Day, which falls on February 8, 2024, is a wonderful chance for people who are in love to ask their significant other out on a date or propose marriage. Today is a day of exquisite beginnings, enabling people to create magic.
Chocolate Day on February 9, 2024.
- By giving each other various chocolates and candies to help them forget about the past, they are continuing to bring joy and sweetness into their relationships. Chocolates are a beloved sweet delicacy that makes people of all ages feel pleased and sensuous. Chocolate Day, a day to spoil loved ones with all the decadently good candy, is arguably the most anticipated and treasured holiday of Valentine’s week for both young couples and those expressing platonic love.
Teddy Day on February 10, 2024
- Teddy Day is celebrated on February 10, 2024, and people take seriously the adage “the greater, the more adorable” when it comes to plush toys. Giving a bear as a gift is a nice way to show someone you care, even though some people find it difficult.
Promise Day on February 11, 2024,
- As an indicator that passionate relationships need to be committed and nurturing to endure the difficulties of life, couples enjoy on February 11, 2024, by making a vow to stay devoted to one another. This day acts as a brief pause for recognizing the good fortune of a loved one and the use of language to ensure it lasts.
Hug Day on February 12, 2024
- On Hug Day, comforting embraces are the main event. On this day, people are encouraged to provide consoling hugs as a way of showing their affection. Hugs, whether given by friends, family, or love partners, have the power to express feelings that words can’t always express.
Kiss Day on February 13, 2024
- The most tangible way to show someone you love them is with a kiss on the lips, cheek, or temple. Kiss Day is February 13, 2024, a day when people physically convey love while highlighting the guarantee of chocolate and happy companionship. For those who expressed their love and felt the same in return, today is ideal.
Valentine’s Day on February 14, 2024
- Valentine’s Day, the culmination of Valentine’s Week, is a celebration of love in all its manifestations. Couples from all over the world join together to celebrate their love on this unique day, whether it be through romantic dinners, sincere gestures, or straightforward displays of devotion.
Why is Valentine’s Day observed?
There once was a Christian saint by the name of Saint Valentine. He was a revered Roman priest who was imprisoned for aiding some neglected or mistreated Christians.
In addition, he suffered mistreatment as a Christian by the Roman Emperor Claudius II, who forbade Christian soldiers from getting married to increase the size of his army under the false impression that getting married troops would not be more effective.
Their relics and archaeological remains from their sacrifice were preserved in the Church for respect and remembrance. One of Saint Valentine’s heads was revered and safely stored at the New Minster Abbey in Winchester.
Every year on February 14th, people celebrate and remember other Christian saints who suffered martyrdom and are connected to the myth of Valentine’s Day.